Updated: May 31, 2020
These waffles are my go to!! they have amazing flavor and simple ingredients. You can't go wrong with these delicious waffles!
2 T maple syrup
1/2 cup oat milk (I prefer Planet Oat brand)
2 cups blanched almond flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 T melted butter (for the waffle iron)
1. Turn on the waffle maker to medium high to preheat while you whisk up the batter.
2. Whisk together the eggs, maple syrup, and oat milk. Then gradually whisk in the almond flour little by little until completely mixed in.
3. Add in the salt and baking powder and continue to whisk for 2 minutes.
4. After mixed completely, you should have the proper thickness. I always do a small test waffle so I know the mixture is a good thickness.
5. Melt some butter to slather on the waffle maker before the batter is poured on - even if they are "non-stick"!
6. Pour the normal amount of batter you use in your waffle maker, mine is about 1/4 cup per waffle. Close the lid and leave it undisturbed until you can smell it cooking well, it could be 5 minutes. These waffles take a little more time than regular waffles. I leave them in longer to get darker and a little crispy.
7. After the waffles are taken out, put a little more butter on them if you want and serve immediately. These can be stored in the fridge or freezer for later use!