Updated: Nov 18, 2019
This pizza recipe is different - we have replaced the red sauce with our Pea Shoot Pesto that we make - and it is so delicious!
The pizza crust recipe is from Keto Connect - https://www.ketoconnect.net/no-carb-pizza/
For best results, use a microplane for the parmesan cheese! The crust will hold together better.
Ingredients for crust:
1 - 10 oz. can of 100% chicken, we use Kirkland or Meijer
1 oz parmesan
Pea Shoot Pesto
Mozzarella (logs are the best)
Fresh Tomato, sliced
Optional: chopped micro leeks
1. Preheat the oven to 400F. Drain the chicken as much as you can and place on a baking tray with a silicone mat. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes or until the chicken has dried out, but not hardened.
2. Put the chicken in a bowl and microplane the parmesan onto the hot chicken. Use a scale to get 1 oz, or just eyeball it!
3. Crack the egg on top of the parm and use a fork to blend everything together as well as possible. Add optional chopped micro leeks to the crust at this time.
4. Put the crust mixture back onto the silicone mat. Using parchment paper, press it together firmly into a ball, and then slowly work it down into the shape you want. Make sure it is at least 1/2 inch thick and try to fill in any air gaps that show up. If the parchment paper is stuck, leave it on in the oven. If not, you can remove it.
5. Bake for 10 minutes, then remove from the oven to add toppings! I like to use some butter and smear it on the top of the crust before anything else. Then, the sauce - pea shoot pesto or your own red sauce, if you want a more firm crust, go light on the sauce. Then add the cheese, and finally, the sliced tomato. Try to dry a bit of the moisture off the tomatoes before slapping them on there, it will make your crust crispier in the end.
6. Bake for another 8-10 minutes, depending on your toppings.
7. Let this baby cool once it is out of the oven! That is when it crisps up. Cut into quarters or whatever you desire!
I always split this with my boyfriend, it is surprisingly more filling than you may think because of the chicken in the crust. Enjoy!