Updated: Apr 25, 2020
We absolutely love this homemade spin on the classic old TV dinners we all have eaten. This is Ben's favorite recipe ever! This version is packed with so much more flavor and honestly tastes even better after being in the fridge for a day or two, so it is perfect for meal prepping. Even thinking about this recipe is making me want to go and cook it!
Ingredients for Patties:
1 ½ lbs ground beef, or 1 lb beef ½ lb pork
1 small onion, diced
Cooked Bacon, diced
1/3 c almond flour
salt and pepper to taste
Ingredients for gravy:
1 large onion
A lot of mushrooms
beef broth as needed to fill 12 inch cast iron pan
1 T beef gelatin powder
Topping: Micro Leeks, 2 tablespoons chopped
1. Form 4-5 patties with the ingredients listed.
2. Saute in olive oil or butter in a 12 inch cast iron pan, browning both sides.
3. Take patties out of the pan and rest on a plate. Leave drippings in.
4. Saute onions and mushrooms in meat drippings until onions are translucent and mushrooms are releasing liquid.
5. Add the meat back in and pour the broth in until the pan is full. Bring up to a gentle boil, then reduce to simmering for 30 – 45 minutes, covered.
6. Take the patties back out and add in beef gelatin powder. Let cook for 3 – 4 minutes or until thickened.
7. Put the patties back in, cover with chopped micro leeks, and serve immediately!
Goes really well with mashed potatoes and sauteed veggies like peas, brussel sprouts, asparagus, or green beans.